Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hamster Helper : The only garden tool you'll ever need



What's your favourite garden tool? Carol has her hoes and Hannah was recently waxing lyrical about a new lawnmower, but neither of those would be much use on a balcony. The garden tool I wouldn't be without is my Hamster Helper.


Whatever the job, your Hamster Helper will be up to it. Want to thin out some seedlings? Switch Hamster Helper to the "eat" function.




Need to pot up some new plants? Throw away that trowel! With Hamster Helper on "dig", the containers are ready in no time.


And if you have shrubs to prune, you'll never again have the problem of those secateurs letting you down at the last moment. Just place your Hamster Helper on "gnaw" and watch the twigs fall.


Small enough to slip into your pocket as you work in the garden, Hamster Helper is cheap, clean and easy to run. Powered largely by sunflower seeds, she'll run for hours with no effect at all on your electricity bills.


Hamster helper comes in two versions. Shown here is the smaller dwarf variety, which comes in a variety of colours and is ideal on the balcony. For the extra power needed for garden use, you may prefer the larger, golden variety.

Don't delay - check out Hamster Helper at your local pet shop today!


PS. Thanks to Benji for posing for the photos, and for not biting me once while we faffed about with the camera. David Attenborough, eat your heart out...

8 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

I love it! Much better help in the garden than a Borzoi, unless you need a 2 foot deep hole in the middle of the lawn or half a shrub broken off during a wild squirrel chase. That little guy is so cute.

Carol Michel said...

Cute and he seems so well trained! I bet you could have him help fertilize, too!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Anonymous said...

Perfect scale, great idea. And unlike a lemming, Hammy is less likely to go over the edge.

Matron said...

Perhaps I'll get one for Christmas. The ideal gift! Great blog!

Chrissie said...

Thanks for visitng my blog and leaving a comment! Love your garden helper :-) I imagine his wages are not too expensive either. Does he mind heights?

Sue Swift said...

Carol - yes, I did think of ading that too, but I thought I'd draw a veil over certain functions ...
Gardener and Chris - unfortunately she's only too likely to go over the edge. Hamsters are great climbers but can't see depth. So if they find themselves on a table for instance they'll cheerfully walk straight off the edge. Have to be watched carefully.
Matron and Mr M's D - yes the ideal pet ... if you don't mind everything in the house being gnawed, your fingers included, that is. But then, if you live in a flat a borzoi, I'm afraid, is not an option.

Cecilia Macaulay (Tess) said...

Extremly charming Permaculture.
I want to link this post to my www.balconyofdreams.blogspot, but Im not sure how to do it...
do visit.

Ashraf Al Shafaki said...

So interesting post. Amazing. I love that. It's nice to use creative new methods. I guess it's in your personality, balcony garden, testing methods ... etc.

But my concern with the Hamster Helper is that what if it 'jams' and when trying to switch it to the "eat" function it goes to the "dig" function instead?

Related Posts with Thumbnails