Monday, October 01, 2007

Let's Have a Garden Bloggers Carnival!



About a month ago, in connection with my other blog, I received an invitation to participate in a "blog carnival". The idea is that bloggers who are writing on the same topic send a link to one of their posts to the carnival organiser, who then publishes them with a brief description of what the post contains.




I thought it was a great idea, and wondered if we could do the same for garden blogs. But given we've got Garden Voices which does the same thing every day (thank you GV!), there didn't seem much point.




Then about a week ago, I was looking for an old photo which I remembered posting last year, and came across a post which I'd completely forgotten writing but which, on rereading, seemed really good. And it occurred to me that we all must have posts sitting in our archives which deserve another outing.



So here's the idea - send me a link to a post you wrote some time ago, which by now everyone will have forgotten about, but which you think is worth re-reading - or which you'd like new readers to see. Use the comments box - I won't publish the messages but will collect up the links. Then, during November when life in the garden calms down (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere), I'll publish a series of posts including all of them. We'll call it the Garden Bloggers' Retro Carnival. Just to get you in the mood, the photos on today's post are all from 2006 to early 2007 - spring, summer, autumn and winter.


Anyone's welcome to participate, so by all means pass the message on to other bloggers you're in contact with. And if you haven't been blogging long and don't have any old posts, don't worry. Send a link to a recent post and we'll have a newbies section.

If you'd like to see what a blog carnival looks like, have a look at this one which focuses on books and reading .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to decide!!! I'm so bad about making decisions like this... lol. How long do I have, Sue? (I might need a deadline as incentive to get my but in gear and choose one.)

Sue Swift said...

Hi Blackswamp girl - I know what you mean about deadlines. I'm missing two at work today .... :(
I shall post the links at the beginning of November, so the deadline is the end of this month.

I haven't published all the responses I've had of course, but thanks to everyone who's participating - some really good posts have been submitted and it's going to be a fun carnival.

Related Posts with Thumbnails